First Socks

I used Pedicure Socks (to knit) by Patons as a basis, but didn't follow it to a tee. The first sock took me a while; three days. The second one took me about five hours knitting time (over the course of two days). They're SO comfortable. I wish I knew what brand of yarn I used. All I know is that I got it from Lilly. I used the Paton's Pedicure Socks pattern (free at my LYS), but added a toe. Omigosh, I have a funny story to go with that. Turning heel was surprisingly easy from the horror stories that I've heard.



I finished my first sock at Borders in the cafe. Was hanging out with Lilly and Skyler that day. I wrote a little sign that said, "Yay! :)" and sent it to everyone in my contacts list that could accept picture messages.


I finished the second sock at Sarah's in her basement. I had to put them on. They fit me perfect, which means that the only people that can wear them are me and my eight-year-old brother, Alix.


Lilly said that they made my feet look even smaller (especially compared to my ankles... eep!). I absolutely love knee-high (or higher) socks, though I knew I didn't have enough yarn for two socks that tall. Still a good first set. They're both the same size. I was thrilled.


0 comments:

Completed in 2009

My Knitting Scout Merit Badges




badge explanations
click the badge to find out how i earned it